As we all know that Facebook pixel allows us to track website activities and target our ads to people who have visited our website or blog.
As a digital marketer, you may have to set up Facebook Pixel on your client’s website, but you don’t know how to Install Facebook Pixel on the WordPress website?
In this article, you will learn how to set up Facebook Pixel on the WordPress website in a simple Step by Step Process.
What is Facebook Pixel?
Facebook Pixel is like Google Analytics for Facebook ads. It allows you to track website visits, page views and also create a custom audience for Facebook Ads.
Facebook pixel is used by advertisers to track events, retarget ads and build an audience for Facebook ad campaigns.
To help you install Facebook pixel on your WordPress website, I am going to explain everything in detail.
- Manual Method – This is a very simple method. Using this method you can install Facebook pixel in less than 3 minutes. If you want to measure conversions and create a custom audience, you must select the partner Integration method.
- Partner Integration – This is another method you can use to install Facebook pixel on WordPress using the WordPress plugin for Facebook pixel. This method will allow you to setup events, measure conversions, and also help you build a custom audience.
In this tutorial, we will learn the manual and Partner Integration methods.
Here are steps to Install and properly set up Facebook Pixel on the WordPress website
First thing, you must have Admin access to your WordPress. Because you may have to install some plugins and also make changes.
If you don’t have admin access, you may have to contact your website developer.
You will also need admin access to your Facebook business manager account.
Step 1 – Create a Facebook Pixel
Assuming you have all required access and permissions, you must first log in to your Facebook Business Manager account and create a new Facebook pixel for your website.
- Go to Business settings in Business Manager.
- Select your business.
- Click Data sources.
- Select Pixels.
- Click the + Add button.
- Enter a name for your pixel.
- Optional: Enter your website URL.
- Click Continue.
Once you’ve created your pixel, you’re ready to install Facebook pixel code on your website.
As I mentioned there are two ways you can Install Facebook pixel on your website.
Manually Install Facebook pixel
- Go to Events Manager.
- Select the pixel you want to set up.
- Click Continue pixel setup.
- Select Install code manually.
- Copy the pixel base code.
- Find the header of your website or locate the header template in your CMS or web platform.
- Paste the base code at the bottom of the header section, just above the closing head tag.
- Click Continue.
- Optional: Toggle on Automatic advanced matching and verify the customer information that you want to send.
- Click Continue.
- Add events using the Event setup tool or by manually adding code to your website.
Installing Facebook pixel using WordPress Plugin (Also known as Partner Integration)
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook Business Manager
Now you will need a WordPress plugin
Before you can use this method, Install a WordPress plugin called – Facebook for WordPress (It’s free plugin)
- Go to WordPress dashboard and Install Facebook for WordPress plugin
- Connect to Facebook from that plugin
- Verify your connection with Facebook pixel and your website
- Now you are ready with your WordPress website with Facebook pixel
How to check Facebook pixel on the website?
You can use Facebook pixel helper chrome extension. Install Facebook pixel helper and you will be able to diagnose and solve Facebook pixel-related problems.