WordPress is one of the most popular CMS platforms for making websites and blogs. If you want to learn WordPress for free, you can read this latest WordPress tutorial to get started.
In this new WordPress tutorial 2022, you will find answers to all your questions related to WordPress.
WordPress Tutorial Overview
This WordPress tutorial for beginners helps you learn WordPress and how to create a website and blog using WordPress. This tutorial is divided into multiple sections to help you learn more effectively and jump to a specific topic.
This new WordPress tutorial has been prepared by Optron Academy of digital marketing.
Optron Academy is India’s first genuine digital marketing training institute providing 100% practical, latest and career-oriented digital marketing courses with a job guarantee.
Topics Covered in this WordPress tutorial for beginners
- Introduction to WordPress
- Difference between WordPress.com & WordPress.org
- Hosted WordPress Vs. Self hosted WordPress
- How to install WordPress on shared hosting
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source CMS platform developed using PHP and MySQL. WordPress is mainly used for building websites and blogs. WordPress can be used for managing content on a website or a blog without doing or knowing programming or coding.
WordPress was created as a standalone project all the way back in 2003. Since then, WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms for blogging and now WordPress is also used for building websites.
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, American developer Matt Mullenweg and English developer Mike Little. Since then WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms for creating blogs and websites.
WordPress is available in two variants – WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- WordPress.org, often called self-hosted WordPress, is the free, open-source WordPress software that you can install on your own server or web hosting to build a website and blog.
- WordPress.com is paid service that is powered by the WordPress.org software. WordPress.com has many limitations compared to WordPress.org.
You can learn more about the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com here
Key Features of WordPress
As I mentioned above WordPress is a FREE and Open-Source platform, it has many features and benefits.
- WordPress is free. You don’t need to pay for it
- WordPress is SEO friendly
- WordPress can build mobile-friendly websites
- WordPress is secure and stable
- WordPress can handle heavy traffic
- High-performance and scalable
- WordPress easy to learn and manage
What kind of websites can be made using WordPress?
WordPress is versatile and scalable, WordPress can be used to make various types of websites. Basically, WordPress was developed to create blogs in the early days. Due to the availability of various plugins, WordPress can be used for creating almost any type of Website.
WordPress can be used for:
- Business websites
- Single-page websites
- Portfolio websites
- E-Commerce websites
- E-Learning websites
- Product compare websites
- Forums and CRM
- Travel portals websites
- Landing pages and sales pages
WordPress is a powerful and flexible website building platform. You can use WordPress to build websites, landing pages and blogs.
WordPress is one of the most popular and powerful CMS for creating blogs and websites. WordPress is an Open source platform developed and managed by the WordPress community.
Here are key features and benefits of WordPress:
- WordPress is free, Open source software that can be used for free.
- WordPress is developed and managed by the WordPress developers community
- WordPress can be used for making websites, blogs and even you can make an eCommerce website using WordPress
- WordPress is very easy to learn and setup
- Almost every hosting company provides WordPress as part of their hosting plan
If you want to use WordPress for your personal website, business website, or even for making an e-commerce website, you can use WordPress for free. You may have to pay for some paid themes and plugins.
What is Content Management System?
Often you might have heard about this CMS and Content Management System. CMS is a short-form of the content management system. The content management system is a broad term used for software and applications which are used for managing website content or different types of content.
There are many different types of CMS platforms available like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, OpenCart, and many.
In simple terms,
A content management system (CMS) is software that allows users to create, manage, and modify content on a website without requiring specialized technical knowledge.
A content management system (CMS) is a technology that allows you to create a website without having to write all of the code from scratch (or even know how to code at all).
WordPress is an example of a Content Management System. WordPress can be used for creating a blog or a website. You can use WordPress to make a website without writing any code.