WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, American developer Matt Mullenweg and English developer Mike Little. Since then WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms for creating blogs and websites.
In this latest WordPress tutorial for beginners, you will learn everything about WordPress and how to set up WordPress step-by-step.
WordPress Tutorial Overview
This WordPress tutorial for beginners helps you learn WordPress and how to create a website and blog using WordPress. This tutorial is divided into multiple sections to help you learn more effectively and jump to a specific topic.
This new WordPress tutorial has been prepared by Optron Academy of digital marketing.
Optron Academy is India’s first genuine digital marketing training institute providing 100% practical, latest and career-oriented digital marketing courses with a job guarantee.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source CMS platform developed using PHP and MySQL. WordPress is mainly used for building websites and blogs. WordPress can be used for managing content on a website or a blog without doing or knowing programming or coding.
WordPress was created as a standalone project all the way back in 2003. Since then, WordPress has become one of the most popular platforms for blogging and now WordPress is also used for building websites.
WordPress is available in two variants – WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- WordPress.org, often called self-hosted WordPress, is the free, open-source WordPress software that you can install on your own server or web hosting to build a website and blog.
- WordPress.com is paid service that is powered by the WordPress.org software. WordPress.com has many limitations compared to WordPress.org.
You can learn more about the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com here
Key Features of WordPress
As I mentioned above WordPress is a FREE and Open-Source platform, it has many features and benefits.
- WordPress is free. You don’t need to pay for it
- WordPress is SEO friendly
- WordPress can build mobile-friendly websites
- WordPress is secure and stable
- WordPress can handle heavy traffic
- High-performance and scalable
- WordPress easy to learn and manage
What kind of websites can be made using WordPress?
WordPress is versatile and scalable, WordPress can be used to make various types of websites. Basically, WordPress was developed to create blogs in the early days. Due to the availability of various plugins, WordPress can be used for creating almost any type of Website.
WordPress can be used for:
- Business websites
- Single-page websites
- Portfolio websites
- E-Commerce websites
- E-Learning websites
- Product compare websites
- Forums and CRM
- Travel portals websites
- Landing pages and sales pages
WordPress is a powerful and flexible website building platform. You can use WordPress to build websites, landing pages and blogs.